10 Surprising Facts No One Ever Tells You About Cellulite
Posted by Rachael Wheeler in Body, Health & Lifestyle
Whether you are trying to get rid of cellulite or prevent it before it happens there are a few facts you need to know. With so many products trying to claim that they are a miracle cure for getting rid of cellulite it’s good to know the myths from the truths and the things that no one ever mentions. They really will help!
1. Men can get cellulite: Annoyingly cellulite is more prominent in women than men (grrr) due to the way our bodies are built, and is mainly caused by the following factors: poor diet, fad and yo yo dieting, a under active metabolism, not enough physical activity, hormonal imbalances and chances such as pregnancy, dehydration, body fat percentage and the thickness of your skin to name a few.
2. Skinny people can get it too: Yes cellulite is caused by fat, but that doesn't mean you are overweight if you get it. Cellulite has been know to crop up on even the most slender of supermodels due to poor diet and lifestyle. However if you are overweight you are more likely to suffer from it and losing weight is the first step in getting rid of cellulite.
3. There is more than one type of cellulite: There are in fact 3 types of cellulite (oh the horror). Adipose cellulite is the firm cellulite and usually the first one to manifest itself. The skin is tight and dimpled like orange peel, and doesn’t alter when moving. This type is more common in younger women, and is mostly found around the hips and upper thighs. It is Oedematous cellulite is caused by fluid retention and being overweight. It gives the skin an undulating appearance and is generally present in areas where there is a buildup of fat, such as thighs, buttocks and upper arms. The third type is Fibrotic cellulite is hard, compact cellulite than mainly occurs in the lower legs and is the result of poor circulation and fluid retention and is the hardest to get rid of.
4. It’s in your genes: Sadly sometimes no matter how much you diet or exercise, there may be little you can do. As cellulite is also a hereditary condition getting rid of it can be hard. As your body has a predisposition to suffer from it.
5. It can be found all over your body: So not only on the usual places such as hips and thighs, cellulite can be found anywhere. It generally forms in areas with poor circulation and without exercise it’s even more likely to pop up where you least expect it, such as arms or ankles. Consistent exercise will go a long way in helping to get rid of cellulite and keep it that way.
6. Anti-Cellulite Creams work better after exercise: Exercise increases circulation which also allows the creams to work harder and penetrate deeper and you will see results faster.
7. Key ingredients really do help: When looking for a cream or scrum to help you get rid of cellulite look for Caffeine for its diuretic, draining properties. Retinol, which promotes the body collagen production, hydrates the skin and aids cell regeneration. Aminophylline, as an active antioxidant it is highly effective at breaking down fat deposits, and Bladderwrack extract. No this is not some kind of strange creature but a seaweed found in the bitterly cold waters off the North America which it owes its high concentration of polysaccharides and polyphenols. Which in turn increase our metabolism and burn fat, helping to get rid of cellulite and fluid build up.
8. Body Brushing does help: If you’re not already body brushing daily, why not? Honestly, this can make a world of difference, as it increased circulation and fat dispersion throughout the body. Start at for feet and stroke in the direction of your heart. The long handle on the Opal London Sisal Bristle Brush means its easier to reach ankles and the back of thighs, especially if you striggle with mobility and flexibility.
*9. Diet does matter: *You are what you eat really does count with cellulite. Try and cut down on refined, sugary and processed foods. As these contain chemicals, additives which show up in your skin as toxins and also are easily turned into fat if not burnt off via exercise.
10. You can hide it: Don’t shy away even if you do have a bit of cellulite. It affects 90% of women at some point in their lives, and we can’t have everyone in hiding can we. Self tanner can work wonders in reducing the appearance of cellulite. Fake Bake Lipo Bronze Self this dark tan not only smoothes apparances but has active cellulite fighting inngredients to drain toxins and firm your skintone. For a nearly instant fix Manuka Doctor Apibronze Antil Cellulite Bronzing Gel uses purified bee venom which promotes skin elasticity and the tan develops in just one hour, a great option for a last minute fix.
Shop the best anti cellulite creams and scrubs online now.