5 Reasons why you should still be OBSESSED with Micellar Waters
Posted by Rachael Wheeler in Skin Care
What are Micellar waters? Micellar waters have been in the beauty buzz for the past year now and show no signs of waning in popularity. Any make up artist who’s worth their salt has at least one of these permanently wedged in their kit.
For those who have managed to escape this phenomenon, micellar water takes its name after micelles. Tiny cleansing molecules that are suspended in water. When applied to your face, theses molecules are super gentle but very effective cleansing agents. Their composition makes them excellent at trapping dirt and oil in the cotton wool, instead of smearing it around your face. The tiny micelles (microscopic oil spheres) dissolve impurities without stripping the skin of natural oils, so even the most troublesome or blemish prone complexions are left feeling soft, nourished and hydrated.
They are a powerful alternative to harsh face wipes or alcohol based toners, yet gentle enough to remove even eye makeup with no tingling, tightening, stinging and no need for water, with their rinse free formulas, they are the ideal product for lazy girls.
All good to know, so why should we be obsessed with them I hear you ask? Well, here's 5 really great reasons to continue the obsession with micellar waters!
1) It doesn't dry your face like other cleansers
No water needed! All you need are cotton pads for application and you are ready to go. It's free of soap, fragrance, alcohol, nasty chemicals and foaming agents that wreak havoc on your skin.
2) It’s amazing for sensitive skin
Created as a face washing alternative in France (due to their harsh tap water). In order to be rinse free it was created so that it was gentle enough to be left on your face. Sensitive skins drink it up as it doesn't dry, irritate or strip the skin.
3) It's a lazy girl's dream
This nifty product also doubles as a makeup remover, in one fell swoop (or should that be swipe). Although bear in mind that if you like a generous helping of make up, it may take you a few rounds.
4) It can have you in bed in half the time
No need for water means no wetting, no lathering and no need for rinsing. A few quick swipes and you are ready for bed. Hello extra beauty sleep!
5) They reduce your need for nasty face wipes
Whilst face wipes have had pride of place in our festival kit for years, they can often be full of nasty chemicals that leave a harmful residue on our skin, and with a bottle of micellar water lasting waaaay longer than a packet of wipes, your purse will thank you too!
If those reasons haven't left you clamoring for showers that only spew the micellar stuff then I don’t know what will! Except the following reviews of our favorite micellar Waters. Yep, that should do it! Read on for our absolute picks of the good bunch:
1) Bioderma Sensiblio H Micelle Solution £4.80.The original and still one of the best. Sensibio H is super soothing and the decongesting, active ingredients prevent irritation. And this handy sized bottle is perfect for cleansing on the go!
2) Nivea Daily Essentials 3 in 1 Micellar water £4.49 Nivea’s 3 in 1 water cleanses, removes make-up from face and eyes and moisturises in just one easy step, and at this price you can afford one in your desk and one at home!
3) Lancome Eau Fraiche Donceur Micellar Cleansing Eater £28.5 Whilst the more expensive of the bunch, a little truly goes a long way! This luxurious feeling water leaves skin beautifully refreshed and cleansed, leaving even the most sensitive skin irritation free!
Want to jump about the micellar wagon? Check out our full selection of Micellar waters.
Want to find the right cleansing product for your skin type, but are not sure where to start? Take our quick and free online beauty quiz to find your perfect beauty matches.