The Natural Cure for Acne You Need to Read About!
Posted by Rachael Wheeler in
A close friend recently came back from two weeks in Goa and started raving about spa treatments they had received out there. Once I looked past their perfect tan (Grrr) and radiant glow (double grr) I realised that their skin was in fact glowing with health, had she unearthed secret tips for healthy skin?
After grilling her on their delectable holiday (a beautiful, seemingly deserted beach, where they whiled away the days sipping on fresh coconuts under the palm fronds and dipping a manicured toe in the bath water-warm ocean before breakfast, if you're interested) I probed a little deeper on what made the spa treatments so fabulous. The answer was Rosewater.
As a beauty editor I’m constantly striving to find the next big thing in beauty, but sometimes we forget the centuries old treatments that have been passed down through generations and were your grandmothers (and their grandmothers) tips for healthy skin. As it turns out, Rosewater is one such magic ingredient. A natural ingredient, with many skin enhancing benefits from hydration, soothing, cleansing and refreshing. So I delved a little deeper into this multi tasking wonder and here are a few ways that you can get a little Goa spa into your lifestyle through this one humble ingredient. Read on and get ready for it to revolutionize your beauty routine and wave goodbye to acne:
1) Keeps Acne Away: Due to the astringent like properties Rosewater possesses, it can help to clean pores and tone the skin and keep blemishes at bay. And unlike many prescribed treatments it has absolutely no nasty side effects. After cleansing spray on Sukin hydrating mist toner £8.10, for beautifully clean skin. This natural brand is sure to be a hit on everyone's beauty radar shortly.
2) Rosewater Soothes Sensitive Skin: Bored of your sensitive skin playing up? Rose water is a fantastic option. Its packed with anti- inflammatory and anti- oxidant properties that soothe red, irritated skin. Rosewater helps maintain the skin's pH balance, and also controls excess oil. Try using a Rosewater cleanser such as Fresh Rose Cleansing Foam £36.50. Is a gorgeous, nourishing gentle, foaming cleanser that soothes and balances skin.
3) Soothes Sunburn: Lucky enough to have a summer holiday in the diary? Make sure you take some soothing rosewater along. This soothing ingredient helps to calm the redness associated with sunburn and sun exposure. My friend took Andalou Naurals Soothing Body Lotion £9.99 on her trip to Goa and won’t stop raving about it. For under £10 you get an entirely natural lotion, bursting with nourishing plant stem cells that help reverse the aging process caused by sun exposure.
4) Repairs the Aging Skin: The anti-oxidant action of rose water and moisture boosting properties help keep fine lines at bay. I currently can't get enough of natural brand Fresh, a pioneering brand that uses natural ingredients alongside modern technology to revolutionise skincare. Their Fresh Rose Hyrdrating Face Serum £54.50 has the most gorgeously light texture that sinks into skin beautifully, leaving it feeling fresh, hydrated and soft.
5) Promotes hair Growth: Are dry, dull tresses getting you down? Spritz on Rosewater for added shine, condition, the healing properties will also help soothe irritated scalps and prevent dandruff and not to mention scent your hair gorgeously all day long. Pukka Organic Rosewater £11.95 is small enough to pop into your handbag to refresh you hair on the go.
With Goan beaches on my mind I spritz on some rosewater and and am transported away from my desk to a tropical paradise. Oh and my skin looks fab too…
Can’t wait to trail the benefits of Rosewater yourelf? Check out our Roseater based products here.
Love the Rosewater recommendations and want more beauty products to suit your needs? Take our quick and free online quiz to find out more of your ideal beauty matches.