Winter-Proof Your Sensitive Skin With These Beauty Buys
Posted by tala-barbir in Makeup, Hands & Feet, Skin Care
Summer is well and truly over which means no more fabulous, flawless glowing skin (goodbye old friend), but that doesn't mean we have to welcome flaky foundation and chapped lips! Top skin care brands have got us covered for the entire cold season. Here are the ultimate skin saviours you need to help keep your sensitive skin safe:
1. Moisturiser: The absolute key to protecting your skin during lower temperatures is to moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! Even if you have super oily skin, a good moisturiser will keep dry patches at bay and keep your skin hydrated. Use a lightweight and nourishing online beauty buy like the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser from £20.25 every morning.
2. Hand Cream: Even if you don't usually suffer from dry skin on your hands, it is best to be prepared because cracked skin between the webs of your fingers can creep up when you least expect it! The Aveeno Skin Relief Restore & Protect Hand Cream from £3.50 is a handbag must-have.
3. Foundation Primer: The next step to flawless skin is to prep your face with a bit of primer. Not only does primer fill fine lines and pores, it softens and moisturises your skin leaving it feeling velvety soft. Try an online beauty buy like the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer from £28.
4. Lip Primer: In addition to priming your face, it is essential to prime your lips to prevent any sort of chapping. (We all know how terrible feathering or bleeding lipstick looks and feels!) Try an online beauty buy like the Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion from £13 which is guaranteed to leave your lips feeling conditioned.
5. Foundation: In the summer, your skin produces more oil than it does in the colder seasons, so using the same product could actually harm your skin by clogging pores. The NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser Foundation from £29 is a wonderful option that suits all skin tones.
6. Setting Spray: As your skin can dry quickly from harsh winds, ditch the powders and use a setting spray to your face after your foundation application instead. This will give you a flawless finish rather than a chalky one! Try the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray from £9.00 which is suitable for oily and sensitive skin types and keeps prolong your makeup throughout the day.
Fill out your personal beauty profile now and find out what beauty products you need to save your skin here.
To compare prices on more fab online beauty buys click here.
This article was written by Nicole Breeden for My Beauty Matches.